99% sugar free*
** Purchase 2 or more and pay $57.00 each. Price will be applied at checkout after you have logged in or after you enter your details if you are using express checkout **
Available in 4 great flavours Lemon Lime, Mandarin, Strawberry and Melon. Also available unflavoured.
• Light, non-sweet, non-syrupy taste
• Low acid formula pH range 7.6-8.4
• Sweetened with Xylitol
Sports drinks have been around a long time and for many athletes they’re more convenient than energy gels. Unfortunately, many sports drinks are very high in simple sugars, contain added citric acid and have a very low pH.
Check the label and see how much sugar is in each bottle you are consuming. 1 teaspoon of sugar = 4g and many sports or electrolyte drinks on the market contain 7-8 teaspoons of sugar per bottle! Yes really! A 3 hour ride is say 3 bottles. That is 21 teaspoons of sugar. You ride or run 4-5 days per week... Get the picture?? You're drinking far too much sugar!
HEED’s subtle tasting, all-complex carbohydrate formula has a pH that is alkaline not acidic AND HEED’s sweetener is xylitol – often used in toothpaste. HEED is also 99% sugar free *when mixed with 250mL or more of water. This means you're keeping your sugar consumption in check. So whenever and wherever a sports drink is your preferred choice, choose HEED.
Suggested Doses by Body Weight*:
• Up to 54kgs: up to 1.5 scoops/hour
• 55 – 70kgs: up to 2.5 scoos/hour
• 71 – 85kgs: up to 2.75 scoops/hour
• 86kgs +: up to 3 scoops/hour
*These are estimated doses. Each athlete should determine in training, under a variety of conditions, their personal optimum.
Usage Suggestions & Notes:
• HEED may be used as the sole source of calories, fluids and electrolytes during workouts and races lasting up to two hours and as a partial source of calories when exercising for periods well in excess of two hours.
• Each scoop of HEED contains the equivalent amount of electrolytes as approximately 2/3 of an Endurolytes serving. For many athletes, under normal conditions, one or two scoops of HEED will completely fulfill electrolyte requirements. When heat stress increases significantly, you will need to consume additional Endurolytes.