Hammer Gel - Usage Instructions
Use as a primary source of calories during exercise/competition lasting up to two hours.
Mixing / Usage Instructions:
Consume 1-3 servings per hour (see chart below) along with 16-28 ounces of plain water per hour from a separate source.
Suggested Doses by Body Weight*:
*These are estimated doses. Each athlete should determine in training, under a variety of conditions, their personal optimum.
- 0 - 120 lbs (approx 54.5 kg) - up to 1 serving /hr. This provides up to 90-100 calories.
- 120-155 lbs (approx 54.5-70 kg) - 1 to 2 servings/hr. This provides 90-100 to 180-200 calories.
- 155-190 lbs (approx 70-86 kg) - 2 to 2.5 servings/hr. This provides 180-200 to 225-250 calories.
- 190+ lbs (86+ kg) - up to 3 servings/hr. This provides 270-300 calories.
Hammer Gel may be used as the sole source of calories during workouts and races up to two hours and as a partial source of calories when exercising for longer periods. When training sessions or races go much longer than two hours, select either Perpetuem or Sustained Energy as your primary fuel source.
Hammer Gel is perfectly compatible with all other Hammer Nutrition fuels. During ultra distance events, while Hammer Gel cannot be your sole source of calories every single hour, it may be used occasionally to give you a little variety in what you're consuming.
- Hammer Flask holds 5-6 servings
- Espresso Hammer Gel contains 50 mg caffeine per serving
- Tropical Hammer Gel contains 25 mg caffeine per serving
- You can use Hammer Gel to flavor Sustained Energy, Hammer Soy or Hammer Whey smoothies, etc
- Hammer Gel flavors can be mixed for a variety of tastes. Try these combinations:
- Banana + Chocolate or Espresso = Banana Split
- Orange + Vanilla = Orange Creamsicle
- Raspberry + Orange + Banana = Fruit Punch
- Raspberry + Espresso = Raspberry Mocha
- Vanilla mixed with any other flavor to make it more mild for long-term use.